MAYOR AND COUNCIL APPROVE 2018 FEES AND FINES SCHEDULE
THOMPSON, November 15, 2017 – The City of Thompson’s Mayor and Council approved the 2018 Fees and Fines Schedule at the November 14 Regular Meeting of Council.
The 2018 Fees and Fines Schedule outlines a general 2.0% increase across the schedule, in keeping with Council’s regular practice of adjusting fees and fines in line with the previous year’s tax increases.
The following additions and exceptions were also made in addition to the overall adjustment:
- A $163 Utility Service Permit fee was added
- A couch surcharge ($20) and a loveseat/chair surcharge ($10) were added to the Waste Disposal Grounds
- The tire surcharge ($22 in 2017) was removed at the Waste Disposal Grounds
- Winter and Summer storage fees remain the same as 2017
- Taxi fees remain the same as 2017
- Transit fees have been added to the schedule, and will increase to $2.00 for adults and $1.50 for students and seniors
- Locker rates at the TRCC have been reduced for 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, and 1 year terms. A rate for half-lockers was added
- A utility fee for damaged water meters was added, not to exceed the actual cost of repair and calibration
- Containers for mechanical garbage pick-up have increased from $7/cubic yard to $8/cubic yard; fuel surcharge has been removed.
- TRCC advertising rates have been added to the schedule.
The Fees and Fines Schedule is reviewed annually by all standing committees of Council, with consideration to ensure fines accurately reflect operating costs and continuing relevancy.
The 2018 Fees and Fines Schedule comes into effect on January 1, 2018: We recommend that affected residents review the schedule prior to this date. Please visit our website to review the 2018 Schedule, or call 204-677-7910 to obtain a copy.
2018 Fees and Fines Schedule