The City of Thompson's leadership team is working with local partners to monitor the situation closely and re-evaluating it's measures constantly. Protecting our staff while maintaining services is our top priority.
Information about the COVID-19 risk level in Manitoba is available at https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/index.html
All residents should practice good hygiene and precautions to prevent the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands for at least twenty seconds. You can sing Happy Birthday... or whatever song you like. Use an alcohol-based sanitizer if you don't have access to soap and water.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough. Throw tissues in the garbage right away, wash your hands, and keep up with your laundry.
- Avoid touching your nose, face, or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who appear sick: stay two meters away.
- If you feel sick, stay home, and stay two meters away from others.